2019 Jeep Cherokee gets new engine and premium Jeep design
Posted on January 27, 2020
At North York Chrysler, we just love it when a good thing gets better. That's why we're so excited about the upcoming Jeep Cherokee. This extremely capable mid-size sport-utility vehicle is completely redesigned both inside and out. The sales and service teams at North York Chrysler thought our loyal customers would enjoy a detailed first look at the new 2019 Jeep Cherokee, which will be available in five trim levels.
New Performance and Power
One of the biggest additions to the 2019 Jeep Cherokee is the all-new 2.0-litre direct injection inline four-cylinder DOHC engine with twin-scroll, low inertia turbocharger with an electric actuated waste gate that produces 270 horsepower and 295 lb.-ft. of torque. This powerhouse of an engine will also feature outstanding fuel economy thanks to the engine stop-start technology when paired with the standard nine-speed automatic transmission. If this isn't enough power for you, there will also be two additional highly-efficient engine options available for the 2019 Jeep Cherokee: the 3.2-litre Pentastar V-6 and 2.4-litre PZEV Multiair Tigershark I-4.
Much like its predecessors, the 2019 Jeep Cherokee will offer unmatched on and off-road capabilities. The new Jeep Cherokee will come with a choice of three 4X4 systems:
- Jeep Active Drive I - With an all-new design for Cherokee, this technology reduces the weight of the vehicle by 7.7 kg and low-speed system drag torque by 50%
- Jeep Active Drive II - An increased ride height of 2.5 cm and a craw ration of 51:2:1
- Jeep Active Drive Lock - Standard on all Trailhawk trims this 4X4 system features the Selec-Terrain traction control system that electronically coordinates and optimizes up to 12 systems on any terrain.
Safety and Security
As with all Jeep SUVs, the 2019 Jeep Cherokee will be exceptionally safe. There will be more than 80 available safety and security features including ParkSense Parallel/Perpendicular Park Assist, Adaptive Cruise Control with Stop and Go, Forward Collision Warning with Active Braking, and Lane Departure Warning with Lane Keep Assist. All of this will be added to a strong foundation constructed with 65% high-strength steel.
In a big step forward, the new 2019 Jeep Cherokee will feature fourth-generation Uconnect systems. Depending on the trim level, North York Chrysler customers will have a choice of four different Uconnect systems - Uconnect 5.0, Uconnect 7.0, Uconnect 8.4, Uconnect 8.4 NAV. Some of the more impressive benefits of these cutting-edge systems include:
- Handsfree phone calls or texts
- Built-in radio options, which allow drivers and passengers to stream internet radio through Bluetooth or plug-in compatible personal devices in to USB or AUX ports
- Uconnect Navigation with turn-by-turn directions
- Touchscreen with customizable menu bar, using the Drag and Drop feature
- Apple CarPlay and Android Auto compatibility
- TFT LED 3.5-inch greyscale or a 7-inch full-colour reconfigurable instrument cluster
Finding the 2019 Jeep Cherokee
Right now, the official release of the 2019 Jeep Cherokee is scheduled for the first quarter of 2018. As more information comes in, we'll be sure to keep you informed. In the meantime, to learn more about what we're expecting from the 2019 Jeep Cherokee, please feel free to contact us at North York Chrysler today!