2017 Ram 3500 vs. 2017 Ford F-350 Super Duty
Posted on July 30, 2020
If you need a heavy-duty pickup truck for work and daily life, the experts at North York Chrysler are always here to help. Of course, there are tons of choices out there, so you need to do a little research first before deciding. In an effort to cut down on the time you already don't have, we thought it would be helpful to compare and contrast two of the most popular heavy-duty pickup trucks on the market, the 2017 RAM 3500 and the 2017 Ford F-350 Super Duty.
2017 RAM 3500
As with all the RAM trucks available at North York Chrysler, the RAM 3500 is exceptional on a number of levels. Available in six trim levels as well as 4x2 and 4x4 drive, the 2017 RAM 3500 offers drivers an array of performance, tech, and comfort features.
Your 2017 RAM 3500 can be powered by five gas and diesel engines including the monster 6.7-liter Cummins I-6 turbo diesel engine that, when combined with the AISIN six-speed automatic transmission, produces 385 horsepower and an impressive 900 lb.-ft. of torque. This exceptionally durable truck will never let you down thanks to 17,735 kg (39,100 lb.) of max towing power, a 50,000 PSI steel frame, and 6,350 kg (14,000 lb.) in max payload. If that wasn't enough this bold RAM truck also gives you tons of standard and available features such as,
- 20-inch polished forged aluminum wheels
- Auto high-beam headlamp control
- Rain-sensing windshield wipers
- Electronic Stability Control with Trailer Sway Control
- Auto-Level Rear Air Suspension
- Segment-Exclusive RAM Active Air
- Leather-faced heated and ventilated 40/20/40 front bench seat
- Luxury door-trim panel with Argento wood accents
- Premium leather front bucket seats
- Premium leather heated 60/40 split-folding rear seats
- Luxury Berber front/rear floor mats
- Uconnect 8.4-inch Touch/SXM/Hands-free/NAV
- SiriusXM satellite radio with one-year subscription
- Park-Sense Front and Rear Park Assist
- CHMSL Camera
Obviously, these are only a few of the amazing benefits to owning a 2017 RAM 3500, but they should give you an idea about why we are such fans of this heavy-duty pickup truck.
2017 Ford F-350 Super Duty
The popular 2017 Ford F-350 Super Duty is available in five trim levels (XL, XLT, Lariat, Platinum, and King Ranch), 10 exterior colours, three cab sizes, and seating for up to six. This Super Duty truck has two engine choices including the standard 6.2-liter SOHC 2-valve Flex Fuel V8 engine that produces 385 horsepower and 430 lb.-ft. of torque when combined with a six-speed automatic transmission. You get up to 6,350 kg (14,000 lb.) in maximum payload and a Safety Canopy System with roll-fold side-curtain airbags. Other standard benefits of the 2017 Ford F-350 Super Duty include:
- Vinyl 40/20/40 Split Bench
- Air Conditioning - Manual Temperature Control
- Instrument Cluster with 2.3-inch Productivity Screen
- Tailgate - Tailgate Assist and quick-release
- Quad-Dual beam halogen headlamps
- AM/FM Stereo (four speakers regular cab, six speakers Super Cab and Crew Cab)
The Right Truck for You
After doing all your research, you absolutely need to drive the heavy-duty trucks to find the right truck for you. To test-drive the 2017 RAM 3500, all you have to do is contact the experts at North York Chrysler and we can easily make it happen. We're here at our dealership in Thornhill, ON from Monday-Friday 9am-9pm and Saturday 9am-6pm.